Thursday, August 11, 2005

The End of My Childhood

Well, it has come. We are moving. Were still going to be in the same city, just over on 10th street. The house is only 1000 square feet and doesn't have a basement. A big drop in size but it will do for my parents(and me until I leave). For as long as I can remember, I have lived in this house here on Ash Drive. We moved here when I was almost 3 and it was where I was raised. I think moving is going to be good for me, I can say I'm a little excited for the change but, I can also say I'm a little scared, not the kind of scared that you get when staring down the nose of a T-rex. I've lived in this little bubble I call my world, not venturing outside it very much, my bedroom is my sanctuary, the place where I can get my real thinking done. I graduiated this year and while everyone else is going to University I'm staying at home for a year. It still hasn't sunk it that I have entered a new stage in my life where I'm going to have to start taking care of myself. I know I'll probably be ok though, most people get through it and have a lot of fun. I think moving to this new house will help me realize that hey, I'm not a little kid anymore that has to be watched constantly, I have responsibilities. I started out that step by cleaning out my room, I threw out 3 full black grabage bags of junk and 2 of paper and cardboard to be recycled. A lot of these things I had had for along time and had grown some sentimental value to them, some toys, my old drawing books me and Steve used to have, and a shit-load more. Throwing away that stuff wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be though, I think that's mainly because I hadn't seen the stuff for so long cause it just sat in my closest, but I think part of it is also the realization that I can't hold onto everything forever, I can't be afraid of change because there is no way I'm going to stop it from coming, I just have to do my best to ride it through.

3 Idiotic Remarks:

Blogger Soulfood whined...

Yeah, it's a bit freaky that the house is being sold. I think for you and me, it's our only childhood home whereas Jeremy and Michelle remember Melville. As much as I say that I don't mind the parents selling the old house, it's still weird. I probably won't even get to say good-bye to the house because I'll be in Saskatoon when you officially move. Oh well.

And yes, moving for the first time is good. Oh man did I ever throw away a lot of shit when I moved. Stuff that I kept for absolutely no good reason. Maybe this will make you want to venture out on your own...who knows??

Friday, August 12, 2005 12:32:00 a.m.  
Blogger Steven whined...

YOU THREW AWAY THE DRAWING BOOKS WE USED TO HAVE!!?? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!!!??




P.S.- YOU'RE MOVING!!!??

Friday, August 12, 2005 3:39:00 p.m.  
Blogger Pilon, A whined...

Sorry Steve, those books were the hardest hings to throw away. Actually I didn't throw them away, I recycled them so there is a chance that maybe they will be made into new books that become a young kids secret drawing book....and yes, we're moving

Friday, August 12, 2005 6:01:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home