Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Big day.

Lot's happening today. So I started the day at 12am doing a crew close at work. Got out of work at 1, which is pretty damn good for a crew close, and went home. I sat down at the computer and played guitar for a while and then watched the Daily Show and the Colbert Report only to find that it was 3:30. Went to sleep and was woken at 8:30 by Steve and Jon phoning to see if I still wanted to go to Regina. So I jumped in my car and we headed for Regina. Once their I bought myself a mic(so now I can record good quality vocals...yay!). We then headed to the Southland. Steve wanted to go to HMV and so we went..I walked out with a cd and a DVD. The DVD is the Lamentations DVD put out by Opeth. It shows a live performance and behind the scenes of making their duel discs.

The cd is a pretty interesting cd, and not something I would normally buy. It is a string quartet tribute to the Tool cd Aenima. This cd goes through the entire cd(even the weird tracks, like (-) ions) with only Violins, Violas, a Cello and a Contrabass playing. It is a very interesting take on the cd, and one I am enjoying. Although I would say that I like the original cd more, this one isn't without it's charm. The players are obviously very talent and some of the things they do with their instruments I didn't know could be done. It also makes you fully realize what the band means when they say that Maynard's voice is an instrument.

Anyway, we then headed over and watched Talladega Nights, but I'll give you a review later. We headed home after the movie and I then had to head over to work right away, I worked at 5 - 12:45. Had one worker walk out on us so I have to cover one of his shifts tomorrow. I haven't had an actual day off in a long time...the only days off I have gotten in the past 4 weeks are Thursdays and I work with Clint those days....ah well...my paycheck is going to be huge and I'm going to see Tool next week. Anyway, another worker might have walked out on us but I'm, not sure how that's going. All I know is that she called me the most psychotic person she had ever meet....which I think is the biggest compliment anyone has ever given me.

Anyway, got everything done tonite and now I'm sitting in front of the computer with a string rendition of Fourty-six & two playing and a Milk to go and Reese cookies which are way to Fucking rich. Might work on some lyrics to add to that stuff on my myspace or I might just go to sleep...probably the latter.

Talladega Nights - A funny movie. The only real problem with it was that it's story line just came from Anchorman(which I called). He's big, drops down because of his own fault and raises up to win and be the hero. But it's still a funny movie(although not nearly as funny as the news network game fight scene in Anchorman) and well worth the watch. I give it 8 gay French men out of 10.

0 Idiotic Remarks:

Post a Comment

<< Home