Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Worn out.

THis whole surveying thing is harder than I thought it would be, not to mention that I have to help haul around fridges and washers and dryers for my sister. Most of the work I do is using the GPS(which can be a lot of walking, many kilometers in a day with steel-toes boots, uneven ground and nary a jack to trade) to wither find already known points or to mark where stuff is on the computers. however we also have to use the instruments somtimes(they are the old fashioned ones, the laser and prisms reflecting back and forth) which is fun. Not as much walking, we only use them in towns over a smaller area where accuracy is more vital, and the buildings get in the way of the GPS seeing the sattelites. We also do some locating. Basically this box sends a signal into the ground and we walk along with this wand and it tells us where the pipe or line is. We then pop a stake there and maybe even mark it with the GPS. This can be very hard when you are on packed ground, like a roadway. I could barely hold onto the hammer on Friday after doing that. Today we walked a lot and did a shit load of locating. We had to plan the Right-away for a Flowline(A pipe that transports oil from one well to a hub of some sort.) and it turned out to be a lot trickier than we originally thought. I'm not sure why the gas line had to circle the farm one before going into it. Some people are just retarded. But, it's a challenge sometimes and I think after I get more used to the walking I'll be a lot better.

Got to thinking about the last year of my life on the way home from marking that Flow-line in Lapman. It's been a big year. It's been just over a year since my Grandpa had his heart-attack and we moved to this new house. I've been through a couple jobs and even went and lived in Vancouver for awhile, although it was more of a vacation. But even after everything has been going back and forth, things are going pretty good. Grandpa's doing good, This house is getting better and better(with the painting and all and us having a garage now). Plus I have a good, stable 8-5 job with plenty of overtime and will soon be living in a house with my bro. Jeremy made a comment when we got the house(and some unexpected money came his way(twice)) that things were finally starting to go his way. I can't help thinking the same for myself but I'm not going full out until I'm making more than 10 bucks an hour. I would like to have stayed in Audio Engineering but a textbook I got from it that I am reading is just further convincing me that I made the right choice. Most of the stuff in the Book I already know but I just didn't think it was nearly that bad. Did you know that the Backstreet boys are still in debt to thier recording company. It's a very touchy industry and you have to play it just right or else you get screwed over royally.

Anyway, I've taken up enough of your precious time. Chow.

4 Idiotic Remarks:

Blogger Soulfood whined...

Finally!

Now I know what it is you actually do.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 4:45:00 p.m.  
Blogger Pilon, A whined...

nd the last horse crosses the finish line/

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 8:12:00 p.m.  
Blogger Soulfood whined...

That would have been a good burn had you not completely failed at the grammar of the sentence.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 9:53:00 p.m.  
Blogger Pilon, A whined...

oooohh, I missed the a and made a slash instead of a period, yup, I have never seen a sentence that bad.

Thursday, November 09, 2006 8:08:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home