Saturday, August 26, 2006

Tool.

Oh my God. Where to start.....I guess I'll start at the start of the trip. Jon, Jeremy and I headed up to Regina on Wednesday and caught a ride with Rob(and met some crazy chick invading his house). We headed off to Calgary and an awesome experience. After switching drivers a few times we stopped off for the night in Brooks, Alberta(Between Medicine Hat and Calgary). After tenting for the night we finished the drive and headed to the zoo(and with only one or two wrong turns).

After spending a few hours there seeing the lions and tigers and monkeys and zebras and hippos and all the other good animals, we headed over to Davin (last name)'s apartment and hung out there for a couple hours. We headed off and were just going to walk but to our dismay we found we could not close the trunk..The latch was broken. We found a parking spot about a block away from the stadium for only 10 bucks and our stuff was safe.

It took us about 2 minutes(not even) to get to the stadium and about 10 to walk through it and another 15 to get in. We had missed the opening act(ISIS) but we weren't too worried about that, we wanted Tool. We split up into our two groups and Jon and I found our seats. Directly in front of the band, but two rows from the roof of the building. Although we couldn't see the band members too well we had an excellent view of the lightshow. WE decided to go get merchandise and food. I gots a hat and a t-shirt. While we were standing in the line for food I heard a riff and I said to myself "Hey, that sounds like Stinkfist" And then Maynard kicked in and I said "Hey, That IS Stinkfist!" So me and Jon rushed to our seats..This is where it got good.

The concert started out with a bang and ended with a bigger bang. The band was playing on a stage with a 6 foot wall behind made out of big screens and the floor was the same thing. These screens were white and could either be projected onto or actually show a picture themselves. Through wild colours and designs they kept you interested. The riser for the drums also had lights on it. As the concert went on some other things moved in. Three large rings with lights covering them that near the end tilted and showed the bottom with some sort of design from hell. Some lights streams that almost looked like curtains, lasers, and more and more spotlights. The colours were vibrant and the music was loud. They kicked it into high gear as they played old songs like Stinkfist, Sober, Lateralus, Schism(and a few others) mixed in with new songs like The Pot, Jambi, Right in Two and Vicarious. Sadly they did not play the wings duo but the concert was aimed at a faster tempo. They kept the blood flowing as they hammered your senses with wild colours, loud music, and earth shaking rumble and the smell of weed mixed with fake smoke.....IT was the best concert I have ever been too and any others will have to try very hard to come close to matching it.

After the show We immediately headed off, Rob had to be at Dave(id) and Amanda's wedding by noon to take pictures. At Medicine Hat we stopped and Jeremy took over driving and I was in the passenger seat keeping him awake. We found out that you can drive from Calgary to Moose Jaw on a tank of gas in Rob's car. Once we got to Regina Jon headed off and the rest of us showered and shaved for the wedding. WE headed off on what I was told would be a 2 hour trip. It was 3 but since we had been an hour early we actually arrived on time.....Things were almost going too well. The ride was much more comfortable without three people crammed into the back of that car. We got there and started taking pictures. At one point we drove out to a farm only to find that the car Dave(id) and Amanda had been driving had a screw in the tire. They headed back to the church while Jeremy and I got to work. Five minutes later we were on our way. Everything else happened pretty well. I think some great pictures were taken(although I haven't actually seen any of them) and the wedding went off pretty flawlessly. Dave(id) is now a married man and Amanda is now a married woman. Congrat's to both of them. After the reception when the dance was starting I headed off with Kristie and Steve because Steve was going to Weyburn anyway and I needed to be home by 2 today cause I work.

I hope everyone who gave me a ride knows how much I appreciate it, Rob, Kat, Jeremy Steve, Kristie and anyone else who took us in because without them, I may not have been able to see Tool, and it was an experience that I will remember for the rest of my life......IT FUCKING KICKED ASS!

Edit: Sorry I don't have any pictures, I took two pictures at the zoo and my camera stopped working.

3 Idiotic Remarks:

Blogger Soulfood whined...

It's ok. Unless there were pandas at the zoo (and I know there weren't) I don't need to see any pictures. Although some sea otters would be cute. And Tool is just creepy...don't need any pictures of that.

Glad the trip was good.

Saturday, August 26, 2006 2:48:00 p.m.  
Blogger Jonny whined...

I knew you would do an amazing job of describing the Tool concert that's why I didn't add it to my blog. I didn't want to mess up describing a concert that was so fucking amazing.

Sunday, August 27, 2006 12:12:00 p.m.  
Blogger Pilon, A whined...

Pretty sure I fucked it up. And Shanna, there were red pandas at the zoo...really they just looked like red Racoons. And we all know from the tv show that they are cute.

Sunday, August 27, 2006 7:46:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home