Big, Juicy Sausage

I've previously stated on this particular media platform that I am the main cook in our house. I'm not a guy that loves cooking, I'm not the best cook in the house, and there are many days I hate it and just want to make pizza pops, but it's my job anyway. I have about six recipes I rotate around so we end up having the same meals each week. On the weekends we often just cook for ourselves.

While this is fine for me, I don't like to force it on my fellow humans too often so I try to keep my eyes open for something easy or new that I can either add to the rotation or just cook once a month or something. There's a J&J butcher that opened last year right near our house and I see it everyday and think, man, I should swing by there and see what they have.

And with my new job I drive down central street in Saskatoon everyday and see some places including Summit Meats & Sausage Limited.

I'm intrigued. I haven't been yet, but I must at some point. I must know the answer to my question.

Meats AND Sausage?

I always lived my life assuming sausage is meat. Separating out sausage like that implies that they aren't (I know hot dogs are kinda like a sausage and are questionable meat, but I don't count them). I must investigate what is actually in these sausages, but as any good blogger, I will imagine what it could be instead, and what the name of that flavour of sausage would be.

  • The Canadian: Sawdust and Ketchup Chips
  • Adolfs Revenge: Hair but the ends of the sausage casing are empty.
  • The Goose: Canada Goose Eggs and the blood of the person who took them.
  • Vegan's Love: Rock with zero air in it. Air is used by living things.
  • The Axl: Just super thick, leathery casing with some fat inside (BURN!).
  • The Ringer: Melted down bells.
  • Occam's Razor: Just simply razor blades.
  • Rubes Golden Berg: Everything but meat and is created in the most complex machine you've ever seen.
  • Browns Log: Reese's Pieces in the shape of a sausage. Also called a chocolate bar.
  • The Carrot Top: It's just a carrot.
  • Ouroborage: A donut shaped sausage full of snake skin.
  • Saubius Strip: Exactly the same as the Ouroborage but sold under a different name for extra money. You can't tell if anything twists or not.
  • The Porcelain Pulverizer: Spices and Laxatives.
  • The Hook: It's just invisible sausage like that scene from hook where the lost kids are eating an imaginary feast.

There's a few. I'm sure at least one of them is sold there. I'll probably never actually go in there, but who knows what the future holds!

Comments

Pilot said…
Wouldn't the Canadian be MAPLE sawdust? I dunno, I'm reading this on the can so I'm low on oxygen.

Sausage is good. Happy Pride!