Bucket List

Everyone has a bucket list, even if it isn't written down. It's just a part of the human identity to have one. Across cultures that are far enough apart, people can seem like aliens from another planet but, we all have blood, bones, and a bucket list.

Mine has evolved over the years, as I image most people's do as they age and mature. What once was unimaginable to add to the list is near the top. And of course this goes the other way too. It's also not just growing up or maturing that changes a bucket list, but the current environment you find yourself in. For example, now that I live in my own house, my list has shrunk and become more specific as my environment becomes more comfortable.

But, none of this is news to anyone. As I stated at the top, everyone has a bucket list. So, I will do what you are yelling at my screen: show you my bucket list. Obviously, it could end up a big list, so I will just put the top five items below. If you want to know more, you simply need to ask.

5. The Blue 5-gallon Warman homes bucket we keep our potting soil in. It helps keep it all from spilling.

4. The Blue-Grey bucket I use as a cleaning bucket. It's a good size and has a pour spout.

3. The White 5-gallon Canadian Tire bucket I use for scrap metal or a garbage if I need. Just a good, all around bucket that's a little beat up.

2. The other Blue-Grey bucket I use as a cleaning bucket that is identical to number 4. It's a good size and has a pour spout.

1. The small, white bucket I use as kind of a junk bin in the garage. I can just throw anything in there but since it is small, it's easy to sort once it's getting full.

HA! Got ya! You thought I was talking about something else. You shlub. The last time I wrote an actual bucket list was in school and I had drink a 12 pack of coke and eat a block of cheese. Not something I'm willing to try now. But, I suppose that just proves my point about things changing. I guess this whole blog is a point towards that. I used to have great ideas to write about such as: Not being able to sleep at night, Using the word scandal in a title just cause I felt like it, a random animal quitting its job (??) and that one time I just posted the lyrics for Everyday is Exactly the Same by NIN. I'm still embarrassed by that last one. Probably my most emo, woe is me, moment and it's just awful.

Speaking of which, have you ever read the lyrics for I Don't Wanna be Me by Type O Negative? Sigh. Sometimes I feel like this blog is two steps forward, three steps back. Then without warning, heart attack. I'll probably fall asleep in the snow. Never wake up. Die alone.

See what I did there?

Legend.

Comments

Pilot said…
I didn't come here for existential bellyaching. I came for the bucket content!

What I've found most socking about the changes in my bucket list is my changing taste in materials. I always thought I'd be a bit old-fashioned. A bit Victorian. Opt for metal or wooden buckets.

But gall-darn it, plastic is just so light, cheap and durable. My top 5 - all plastic.

Also Type O Negative is one of the most underated bands of all time. Peter Steele's death was a disaster for all of humanity. But I bet they put his ashes in the most goth bucket you've ever seen.