Wednesday, January 23, 2013

If it ain't broke...

Hello blog-o-verse or whatever you are called now-a-days. Remember me?

So, since I have been unemployed in the recent months I have had the privilege of playing a much larger amount of video games than usual. The two biggest names were Diablo III and Assassins Creed III. And yes I realize its been while since D3 came out.

Anywho, D3 I never wanted to come out as the first two games had a incredibly deep(at least for a video game) backstory that was pretty much closed up in Diablo 2. In fact the story that did present itself is one of two possibilities that I had been predicting for years.

AC3 on the other hand came from a series of 4 or 5 games that equaled, if not outshone, the story in D3. The difference here was that the story was left hanging after AC3 and its many sub-games.

Both games franchises were instant hits and will be remembered for years as classics both in story and in great gameplay.

So why the fuck would you change the formula so much and fuck up everything?

Both games came out and took a serious right turn in how the game is played and changing the very basics of gameplay and made the purpose of the games very different. And the story lines were done as if they were written by a teenager in school. Now I realize it has been a long time since D3 came out and it is an entirely different crew working on it but all AC3 games have come out fairly recently.

So that brings me to my point: why break a proven formula. Now I realize I argue on the opposite side of this point in the music industry and I believe trying new things in the video game industry is great and has lead to many advancements but when you are a putting out much awaited sequels that people are asking for, they are asking for another of the same with merely updates that make it fit the times more. I also realize that this also then runs the risk of becoming stale so it is a definite thin line but the changes but forth were as if after sergeant pepper the Beatles put out a death metal album. It just doesn't fit.

Now I'm not trying to complain here, the makers can make whatever game they want and there is nothing I can do about it. Obviously both games made them money but I just find human nature confusing at times when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Plus I thought I should blog again.

Labels: ,

1 Idiotic Remarks:

Anonymous Anonymous whined...

Greetings! Very helpful advice within this article!

It is the little changes that will make the most important changes.
Thanks for sharing!

My weblog ... schuhe online kaufen

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:17:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home