Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Worn.

Right now, I can officially say that I am worn to the Fucking bone. I am also cold to the Fucking bone. And I still have two days of work left.

The weather has been really fucking cold, yesterday me and my crew chief were the only two to go out and do work because of the weather and today was only worse...but everyone went out. Ya, doesn't make sense to me either. For the past three days we have been marking the corners of some new acreages right beside North Weyburn. Now, for those of you who don't know, to mark a corner isn't to complicated, well except for the calculations, which I don't do. I'll explain the steps to you:

1. Set up the GPS.
2. Navigate to the coordinates that the crew chief gives you.
3. Dig a hole.
4. FInd the exact posistion that the pin should be in anjd hammer a two foot pin in there.
5. Check to make sure it's right and take a shot of it(saves the coordinates so that it can be drawn on AutoCad)
6. Put a peice of lathe(a stick with paint on the end) up so that you know where it is.
7. Repeat steps 2-7.

Now, this isn't too bad in the summer, but in the WInter the ground is frozen and there is a layer of snow to get through before you even get to the ground. SO after shovelling off the snow you have two choices. A shovel will not get through the ground so you have to either a) use a crowbar or b) use a jackhammer.

THe first day Miles(My crewchief) and I couldn't get the Jackhammer to start so it was crowbars. Luckily we weren't out for very long seeing as he had a meeting in Regina. Yesterday we took out the other Jackhammer and sent the generator for the other one to Fisk. The JAckhammer we used yesterday was massive. A full sized gas jackhammer. When you hit the throttle it tears a hole in the ground good. But it doesn't like to start or stay started very well. So after fucking around with it all day and killing our backs using it, we headed back in. We went back today, with the generator for the electric jackhammer fixed and went at 'er again. The electric one is smaller and doesn't have the punch as the other one but it runs better and is easier to control. Wither way it still kills your body to use it.

Anywho, after digging the holes with the JAckhammer you get to pund the stake in, which is no easy feat even with a sledghammer in the frozen ground but we managed it. Well Miles managed it because I had the GPS telling him where to put it.

Plus yesterday I found out that Jeremy and I now have a key for our new place. So between freezing my as off and killing my back and wrist, waking up early in the morning to head off to Manor and all that good shit, I have to move my shit. And I think Jeremy is in about the same boat as I am. I just could of used the moving thing on a weekend.

But that's enough complaining from me. ok, it's not.

I spilled gas all over my gloves today when we were trying to get the snowmobiles to work because one of them was leaking really really badly and now my gloves smell.

Now THAT's enough. Chow.

0 Idiotic Remarks:

Post a Comment

<< Home