Thursday, October 05, 2006

FIRE!

Well, Finally managed to get on the interweb. My internet connection is very bitchy...mainly because I am mooching off other people's since I can't seem to get on the network in this house. But whatever. I guess I should fill y'all in on what has been happening the last little while.

I'll start out by saying that I am in a better mood than I was in on my last two posts. And also, I'm pretty sure that I'm coming home. I'm gonna make the final decision Monday but I can pretty much say already that I'll probably be home at the end of the month.


Everyday since I got here all I've done is go to school from 1:30 till 5:30 and then sit around at home. I'm starting to get to know the guys at school a little but my choice to come home isn't based on how fucking bored I am. Talking to some of the teachers(well, mostly just listening during classes) I found that right now the music industry is in shambles when it comes to stable jobs because there are too many independent studios popping up out there. Any kid can record someone in his basement. This makes it hard for anyone with an enducation to get a stable job, or semi-stable. Also, there are a lot of people going to school for it, another reason it is hard to get a job in the industry. Although I am learning stuff in my classes, I want something that has a little more stability when I'm paying $15000 tuition and will probably have to spend a shitload more after to start my own studio. Probably just go back to Weybnurn and get a job for awhile, sit around and try and figure out what else is out there. I have a few ideas but I have to look deeper into them. Plus I need to get rid of the $3000 of money I just got from my RESP because I like to spend money. I need to put it somewhere safe where I can't get to it.

I'm gonna keep all my textbooks when I come home..they are loaded with good info on the music industry that even a band member would be happy to have. In fact, a few of them I think a band should have to read. Not saying that would be good for the company signing them, but it would help them not get screwed out of thier money. Anyway, I'm typing this in Notepad on Oct 5th, whether it's getting posted today I'm not sure, my internet connection won't let me into the compose area of blogger. I might add more, you never know. YAY!

Labels:

4 Idiotic Remarks:

Blogger Soulfood whined...

Well, it posted!!!

Just make sure you wreck your textbooks so that they don't ask for them back.

Thursday, October 05, 2006 4:21:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous whined...

Yes!! Fighting crime here in Weyburn has been hellhard since you left. Everybody picks on me.

Thursday, October 05, 2006 5:13:00 p.m.  
Blogger Steven whined...

Well, sorry to hear it isn't working out. Maybe once Oligodendroglia gets big, you can do our sound producing(even though you're already going to be doing it).

See you in November, you ugly mug.

Thursday, October 05, 2006 11:40:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous whined...

Sweet, now I have another mouse catcher coming back!!! woo hoo!!! And I wanna read those textbooks when you get back, I'll let you read mine!! :-) Chamber Music History and Counterpoint and Analysis

Friday, October 06, 2006 3:11:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home