Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Post 300

Well, here it is. My 300th post, and my first from Vancouver. Somehow, I don't think it's gonna be the spectacular that the other two were. Just got home from my orientation at PAVI and discussed a couple of finacial issues that should be getting fixed soon so no worries there. The drive out here, through the mountains and such was very beautiful. Trees and mountains everywhere you look. Saw the cousins in Okatoks the first night, then stayed in Kamloops the second night and then we were here. Got my stuff into my room, saw Aunt Irene and the next day Mom and Dad were off. I've got the upstairs room, which means that I have to walk through my landlady's kitchen to get to the bathroom or anything else I want to get to. But one of the other guys should be moving out at the end of october and if he does I get his room. The landlady is very, very loud in the morning and I am up at 7 am with her.

Other than all that I've just been sitting here wondering what the fuck I was thinking coming to Vancouver. I don't know anyone and I don't know where the fuck I am. It's not that I'm homesick but I just want some familiar territory ar a goddamn familiar face. The only time I've been away from home for more than one week was for cadet camp and that one doesn't even make the list of experiences that I want to remember. Don't really know why I decided to go farther and longer.

Only seven other people in my class. I got lucky in that I'm in the class that is at the main PAVI building. There is another building where they also teach classes but lucky enough I'm not going there. Found out that I only have 6 days for christmas vacation. December 25th to January 1st. Not too many breaks in here but I guess I didn't come here to take breaks, I came here to learn.

I've only met one of the other guys who live in this house. I've got my own tv in my room here and didn't bother eating supper last night so I haven't been down there much.

Well, I guess that's all i have to say for now.