Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I Do Not Want This.

Just got home from my first class, Career Management. It was an overwhelming bombardment of statistics that said that after I inish this course, I will not work in the music industry. That what I am doing is a waste of time. That I cannot possibly put in the amount of work needed to make it in the industry. And frankly I agree. I don't think I can make it. I mean, I can finish the course, and I know I will learn a lot fromit. But I don't think it will get me anywhere in my life but into debt. I don't belong here. I don't want to be here. If I had a car I would be headed off to Saskatchewan already. I have no friends. I do not sleep well. I don't think the course I am in is right for me. SOunds like I should get the fuck out of here before I blow all of my money on nothing.

Labels:

5 Idiotic Remarks:

Anonymous Anonymous whined...

Chillax dude. Want me to call up a friend I got in Vancouver for ya??

Thursday, September 28, 2006 4:17:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous whined...

Ah young Pilon, you are experiencing the normal flood of feelings that come from being in a new place and a post-secondary institution. Trudge through it. What this class you speak of was trying to do was weed out students. If you are strong you will survive that. I got a degree in an industry that has very little work but I've done alright. Now I'm switching things up, and taking off to a new and unfamiliar place too. Only I've got all sorts of other shit to deal with on top of it. New money system, a bitch of a struggle to get a bank account, no health coverage, etc. etc. It's all about the attitude and outlook. Chin up.

Friday, September 29, 2006 6:04:00 p.m.  
Blogger Soulfood whined...

Listen to Mark. He's smarter and older than me. :)

Friday, September 29, 2006 9:31:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous whined...

Um hello. Little weird to be posting this to someone I don't know... I'm Danny's friend... he mentioned me above. I'm actually not in Vancouver, I'm on the island, but I'm over there at least once a month. I'd be happy to introduce you to some people and show you some good spots to meet folks and what not, if you're interested. My blog (the link I provided) has all my contact info if you want it.

Friday, September 29, 2006 10:59:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous whined...

It's ok, you can come home, I'm in bugging withdrawls, I mean think about it you haven't heard "come get these dead mice out of my house, or can you lift this? or your fucking car sucks, or my peronal favorite 'did you miss me!!!'" I mean there are positives for you to be far away, but hey if you decide to come home all that will still be waiting for you :-)

And I agree with Mark stick through for a little it takes some getting used to, I'm in the music business and heard the same thing and the idea is, if you wanna be there and you love music you'll make it one way or another, perhaps though not in the same capacity as you dreamed of.

Saturday, September 30, 2006 4:45:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home