Friday, May 12, 2006

Vancouver, ho!

Well, the trip to Vancouver went exceptionally well and I have fallen in love with the city. While I was there I didn't see one McDonald's bag or Slurpee cup on the road. It really is a beautiful city. Plus we just happened to be there on the three days in which it didn't rain all year. Found a basement house about 12 blocks from my school. It's easily within walking distance of everything I need plus my great aunts house. O have a shitload of pictures but most of them turned out like crap. Very blurry. I also have some video s of the sea otters and beluga whales at the aquarium but they aren't any better. I'll still put them up sometime though. I want to sort through them all first. We walked around the main stretch in the area we were and my great aunt Irene drove us around and over to the ocean.

The school istself was very impressive. For those of you wondering, It is the PAcifica Audio Visual Institute, or PAVI. There equipment was very nice. The have two different rooms and it quickly occured to me that although they are up on technology and keeping everyone up to date, they still take lessons from stuff that has worked in the past. Most of the recording is done on computer but thier sound boards are 10 and 30 years old, they keep them because they sound so good though. Thier main one is actually the older one. It's a very perfessional looking building and they have a few gold, platnium and silver records on the wall. The only one which I have heard of was 98 degrees(puke) but whatever. All in all I think i'm going to enjoy the city.

I'm gonna put some pictures on my photo album soon but like I said, I want to sort through them first.

2 Idiotic Remarks:

Blogger Pilot whined...

You'd best be givin' yo' bro some cheap studio time once you make it behatch!

Saturday, May 13, 2006 12:21:00 p.m.  
Blogger Soulfood whined...

Dude, they had a gold record for BANANA PHONE!!! Kick ass.

Saturday, May 13, 2006 5:01:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home