Thursday, January 12, 2006

OY!

Well, tommorrow is my first day opening alone. Frankly, I really don't know what I'm doing but I'll figure it out. All we've done so far is cook and meals and sit and have coffee....pretty easy shit. I hate work.

Rented Young Frankenstein, Hannibal, The Transporter and The Warriors the other day and then today I rented Van Helsing, Red Dragon and The Excorcist. I've seen the first five listed there. Here's what I thought.

Young Frankenstein - Another movie from the genius of Mel Brooks. A very funny movie. If you haven't seen it, watch it. If you have seen it, watch it again. I give it 9 humps out of 10.

Hannibal - U had not seen any of the movies in the Hannibal Lector series. I have now seen The Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal. Very good movies. Hannibal is so freakin' creepy. I love it. I thought Silence of the LAmbs was better because it made you think more but Hannibal was still good. I give Silence 9 CAnnibals out of 10 and Hannibal 8 Cannibals out of ten.

The Transporter - A pretty good movie. Really good action scenes. The story line was there but it wasn't very strong. I think they just wanted an action movie for no reason but had to add a story line because of the Movie company's. I give it 7 explosions out of 10. I would have given it more if the story was better.

THe Warriors - THis one is a gooder. A group of 8 men from the gang, The Warriors, must fight their way through enemy territory in order to get home after being framed for killing the leader of the city's biggest gang, who was trying to bring the gangs together. Good fight scenes and a good stry line. There really isn't a weak point that just blares out at you. Not one you want to watch with the kids though. I give 'er 8 and a half Molotov cocktails out of 10.

Van Helsing - I had only heard bad things about this movie but when in the Movie Factory talking to Jeremy and Luk Bell, they said it was a really good movie. I decided to try it. IT was a pretty good movie, but some of the dialogue was pretty cheesy. Think, Star Wars Episode three but not to that far of an extent...really good action scenes but shitty dialogue, cut out the dialogue and you have a good movie. Although, it wasn't all bad, just some of it. I give it 7 Vampire fangs out of 10.

Well, there you have it folks...my Movie reviews. I'm gonna start taking advantage of my family discount at the movie factory and rent more movies and I will probably post shorty reviews about them, like the ones above, for something to write about.

Good day.

1 Idiotic Remarks:

Blogger Soulfood whined...

You shouldn't take advantage of discounts like that.

Friday, January 13, 2006 12:44:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home